Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > 1700 Nomad, Vaquero & Voyager

Old 07-17-2015, 11:37 PM   #1

Good site for Vaquero mods?

Anyone know of some good sites to get some mods?

I'm looking for some music as I'm tired of playing with the radio. I don't have an ipod but I see they make a plug and play audio cable that I can plug my android phone into and play music. I'm tempted to just get the aux jack cord since I have a lot of music on my phone but if I found a good price on the Ipod cable I might spring for an ipod for the handlebar controls.

Of course if I use my phone I'm going to need to charge it so a charging port would be in order.

Feel free to suggest any other affordable mods that I might want to look at. I placed in a poker tournament and I'm about to put most of it on a big payment on the bike but if I ran into a good price on some mods I might break off a little first. So far I've done a quick search on amazon and I haven't seen a price that made me go get my wallet.

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 07-18-2015, 08:04 AM   #2

Greetings and Welcome!

There is a lot of good information here and other forums. SEARCH is your friend...

Of course, in the left door of the Vaq are the IPOD and MP3 aux in connectors.
You could tap into the MP3 AUX input yourself.

There was a post on another forum for this. (*Use at your own risk, your mileage may very, blah blah)
Quote:
You could tie an audio extension cord (male/female) into the 3 point plug in the left pocket.
Then run the audio cable to a convenient location for your MP3 playing devices.
GREEN - GROUND
BLUE - RIGHT
YELLOW - LEFT
Ride safe,
Smokier
2012 Victory Crossroads in Sunset Red "Ruby"

Previous Vulcans: '15 Vaquero, '12 Vaquero, '10 1700 Nomad, '04 1500 Classic, '01 1500 Classic, '88 Vulcan 750
VROC # 10967 | VBA # 3115

Old 07-18-2015, 11:00 AM   #3

You can splice a regular 1/8" stereo jack (get one 6" or longer or cut one off an old set of headphones or earplugs) into the stock wires in the left box and save a BUNCH of money over the cost of a Kawi plug and play version. Amazon has 12V to usb power supplies that can be power from the aux power leads in the fairing. I have one to power my GPS. The box with the electronics fits inside the fairing where I hope it will stay reasonably dry. Next, get a MP3 player (lots that are way cheaper than an Ipod) to play your music from.

Old 07-26-2015, 02:19 PM   #4
Advanced Member

I bought my sons g ipod touch with cracked screen for 50. Use the ipod set up. Almost never use radio
Peace Makers LEMC