Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > 1500 & 1600 Nomad

Old 07-07-2016, 05:21 PM   #1
Advanced Member

Strange Seat Issue

In researching aftermarket seats for my '06 Nomad, among others, I was looking at Corbin's dual touring seat with driver's backrest and passenger sissy bar pad. The website was a bit confusing as to there being a sissy bar pad to mount to the stock frame. They have pictures of one that looks much like the OEM and they offer one that mounts to the seat itself, with no OEM frame, but the "notes" seem to indicate they don't. Nobody bothered to respond to my email inquiry so I called. Turns out I'm not the only one confused. The so-called tech I spoke to went around in circles before finally saying he didn't think they made one. I should order and if they don't have it, return the seat! What a nimrod. Too bad, because I was ready to pull the trigger on their seat. I've had three others on other bikes and loved them. But, when they can't even tell me if they offer a sissy bar pad or not, I'm outta there. I've decided to have the stock seat re-done locally...re-shaped and gel pads....at far less than the outrageous prices charged by the aftermarket makers. They may be nice seats, but the prices are crazy.

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 07-07-2016, 05:31 PM   #2
Top Contributor

Have you considered Daylong or Ultimate seats ?

Old 07-07-2016, 05:47 PM   #3
Advanced Member

Yeah, I've looked at all of them. My real point is that it seems strange that they don't offer a sissy bar pad and their tech didn't seem to know for sure.