Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > 1500 & 1600 Nomad

Old 11-18-2020, 11:10 AM   #1

No help from an arsehole.

I stopped on the wet verge, of a country lane a few days ago. My rear rack bag had come open, so it had to be a rapid stop. I thought i had put the side stand down, but hadn't, so i fell over, with the bike on top of me. My left foot was trapped, and i couldn't get it out. A couple of minutes later, a car came along. So i started waving him down. The bastard just looked at me, as he drove past. I could have been injured, and really needing help. What an arsehole. I eventually got my foot out of my boot, by pushing on the seat with my other foot. As it did, i rolled back into a 3ft ditch, full of water and soaking leaves. Landing on my head, and emerging like camo man, with leaves stuck all over me. Just then a truck stopped, and the bloke helped me up with the bike. He didn't actually laugh at my predicament, but i could see he was struggling.

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 11-18-2020, 12:05 PM   #2
Top Contributor

About 40 years ago I broke down in the car, it overheated. A guy stopped and gave me some water for the radiator. When I asked if he would take something for payment he said his payment would be for me to help someone else if I saw them needing assistance. I have never forgotten that. If I see someone in need of help I drive right by and say f**k em !

Last edited by redjay; 11-18-2020 at 12:08 PM.

Old 11-18-2020, 12:09 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by redjay View Post
About 40 years ago I broke down in the car, it overheated. A guy stopped and gave me some water for the radiator. When I asked if he would take something for payment he said his payment would be for me to help someone else if I saw them needing assistance. I have never forgotten that. If I see someone in need of help I drive right by and say f**k em !

This bloke must have had the same experience. He must also live in my village, so when i come across him one day. That will be one of the things i ask him.

Last edited by mick56; 11-18-2020 at 12:12 PM.

Old 11-18-2020, 12:16 PM   #4
Top Contributor

If I pass someone who looks like they need help I give them a thumbs up. It they respond with a thumbs up I continue on. If they need help I will do what I can to get them on their way.

Old 11-18-2020, 06:33 PM   #5

We’re you returning from a pub on said country lane?

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 11-19-2020, 07:43 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ldhthept View Post
We’re you returning from a pub on said country lane?
That was a fair comment mate. But no, i wasn't. I don't drink when i am riding. Coffee only for me when i am out & about. I was on my way to drop off a computer at the repair shop. That's why i stopped so quick, when i realised that my rack bag lid was flapping about. I had visions of it jumping out, and bouncing down the road. As it happens, the power lead had done just that. I rode back, slowly, looking for it, but no sign at all. I could have walked it, checking the hegde's, and that fucking ditch.. But i decided it was easier to order a new one, from the good people of the Chinese republic, for £4.89 inc delivery.

Last edited by mick56; 11-19-2020 at 08:00 AM.

Old 11-19-2020, 07:09 PM   #7

Mick,
Sorry to hear about your experience with the selfish, I stop and help strangers all the time, I believe in "Pay It Forward" someday I may need help, and I hope someone will stop and lend me a helping hand.
I guess it all comes down to how you were raised.