Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > 1500 & 1600 Nomad

Old 03-11-2010, 11:56 PM   #16

wide open custom fairings

Quote:
Originally Posted by crabbypaddy
I have the driving lights and everything fit fine.
What brand lights did you go with and an you post a pic? this is an assoc i wish to add thanks

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 03-12-2010, 08:26 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharps45100
Oldbiker, do you have Phatt II risers? If so let me know how the fairing fits with those risers and if the risers block the radio any.
Sharps,
I have the PhatII risers and they clear the radio just fine. I was NOT able to use the cubby mounts underneath the radio though because it hit the risers. So, I have the flat access panel installed there instead. Below is a link to a somewhat overhead pic showing the fairing and risers.

http://tinyurl.com/yzdh7bg

Old 03-12-2010, 10:16 AM   #18
Advanced Member

mattdaelectrician I have the wideopen fairing and I have these lights and they fit very well. http://www.kawanow.org/tips/lights/lights.htm

Old 03-13-2010, 02:15 AM   #19

I have it, love it and the Jensen unit plays my iPod just fine. I can't imagine using CD's. A plus for the Jensen unit they sold with my bike is the iPod connector to the back of the unit was only $14. Some head units have "special" connectors requiring the makers specially priced iPd connector.

Upgrading from there could easily be done or buy one without the stereo and speakers and install what you like.

Pros:
Very good quality fairing build and very good brackets. My painter was so impressed he bought one for his Roadstar.
Solid at all speeds.
Works fine for light bar and Aeromach risers.
I appreciate the glove box under the stereo.
They are good people with good service.
Cons:
Original windshields are easily scratched Lexan but I got 3 at about $12 each at time of order so basically 1 per season. I now have a formed acrylic unit I ordered last fall to try.
Someone mentioned they had adapted a Harley Ultra windscreen to fit but I have not seen the result.
You can't get at wiring and such as easily as a Harley or a Venture 2 piece fairing.

The weather strip seal at the windshield has never been a problem and I have not ever thought much about it. The fairing is not 2 piece like Harley so it sort of makes sense.

Hammer aka CrocHammer
KawaNow#00988, VROC#26389, VR#2202
Abbotsford, BC, Canada
2006 Black Nomad

Old 03-15-2010, 10:01 PM   #20

I have the Wide Open Customs Fairing, have the Phat II risers, and have the cubby slot too. When I first got it I tried to listen to a CD but it did cut out and wouldn't work while riding. I mostly use my iPod Shuffle while riding, the radio around town.

Dennis "Master Mac" McHenry
VROC#880, VBA#673, DarkSide#273
'15 Harley-Davidson Ultra Limited
'05 Vulcan 1600 Nomad (Left the nest)
'02 Vulcan 1500 Classic Fi (RIP)
'95 Vulcan 750, (Retired)
Houston/Klien, Tx

Login or Register to Remove Ads