Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > Vulcan Nomad/Vaquero/Voyager

Old 07-09-2010, 06:57 PM   #16
Top Contributor

Well Now I've Gone and Done it

Those are both very nice Dave. Don't be a stranger around here now, you hear? Since we still let those who have sold their Nomads and bought Harleys hang around here there's no reason for you not to also.

Bob
KawaNOW/VBA 210
Green/Silver 2006
Patriot Guard Riders 2009

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 07-09-2010, 07:04 PM   #17

Your wife will love te Spyder, mine does. She went from a 2000 Yamaha Venture to the 2010 Spyder RT-S. Can't get the grin off of her face. Same color too. Enjoy the new rides.

2011 Blue/Silver Voyager
2008 Blue/Silver Nomad (Gone)
2001 Red/Silver Nomad (Gone)

Old 07-09-2010, 08:18 PM   #18

Wow!!! Congrats on the new rides! The Connie is an amazing bike for sure!!!!
VBA #1051 (Former President)

Old 07-09-2010, 08:24 PM   #19

I don't know the different modles but if these are the ones you guys have there is a recall on them.
2010 Roadster Spyder RS SE5 and Roadster Spyder RT SE5
Justr read it in my Motorcycle Consumer News. August edition.
You can contact BRP to see if your serial # is recalled at
888-638-5397
VBA #9

2011 Victory Kingpin mine
2013 Victory Boardwalk -hers

[LEFT][COLOR=#000000]
[SIZE=4]

Old 07-09-2010, 09:22 PM   #20
Top Contributor

If they put the Connie engine in the pre 09 Nomad I want one ! Comfort plus power.

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 07-09-2010, 11:32 PM   #21
Sr. Contributor

Send a message via AIM to AlabamaNomadRider Send a message via Yahoo to AlabamaNomadRider

Dave I know it has more get up and go. That isn't what I am after. I still love the Nomad. I need the comfort it offers and I just don't see the Concours as giving me the riding comfort I need. I can't see me riding to Texas to visit my daughter on anything except the Nomad. That is a little over 2,000 miles round trip.

I certainly hope you have what you want Dave. Hate you had to give up the Nomad. Let us know how well you enjoy it. Now that Spyder is something else. Wouldn't mind having one of those myself.

Gene Cross, Jr.
Boaz, Alabama
KawaNOW/VBA #1181

Old 07-12-2010, 10:30 AM   #22
Advanced Member

Send a message via AIM to dhomoney Send a message via Yahoo to dhomoney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow Jacket
Those are both very nice Dave. Don't be a stranger around here now, you hear? Since we still let those who have sold their Nomads and bought Harleys hang around here there's no reason for you not to also.
At least I stayed in the family. I tell y'all what, when on the Connie and you hit 6k RPM, hold on tight. That bike just screams. I loved my Nomad, it was a great bike, but that said I don't regret the Connie, nor the ability to let my wife ride as well. She is having so much fun and feels more involved now that she rides as opposed to sitting there passively. She loves her Spyder. She has about 700 miles on it now and still loves it.

We got Sena SMH-10 intercoms and being able to chat is really cool as well. Great units. If you are looking for bluetooth bike to bike comms I would highly recommend them.

Old 07-12-2010, 10:38 AM   #23
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlabamaNomadRider
Dave I know it has more get up and go. That isn't what I am after. I still love the Nomad. I need the comfort it offers and I just don't see the Concours as giving me the riding comfort I need. I can't see me riding to Texas to visit my daughter on anything except the Nomad. That is a little over 2,000 miles round trip.

I certainly hope you have what you want Dave. Hate you had to give up the Nomad. Let us know how well you enjoy it. Now that Spyder is something else. Wouldn't mind having one of those myself.
Gene,

The longest ride I have had so far was from Greenville, TX, where I bought the Connie, to my home. 264 miles. It is really comfortable. The stock seat is really good. I know before my 2500 mile round trip to Ohio last year, I had to get the seat worked on the Nomad, but I will not need it on the Connie. In that respect the Connie was more comfortable. It provides more information to me as well, such as avg and current mpg, range, tire presure, dual trip computers, and has a tach. You would think this could be provided by the Nomad. So I like those. The brakes are incredible as well. When I rode the Nomad up to the dealer to trade on the Spyder, I couldn't believe how soft and unresponsive the brakes were on the Nad in comparison. The Nad was the best cruiser I had been on, but the Connie is a sweet ride.

Old 07-12-2010, 11:53 AM   #24

Congratulations. The spider is a nice ride. I test drove one with the wife on it and I hit every bump I could find and she didn't even feel them. Nice trike.

Old 07-12-2010, 12:48 PM   #25

Congratulations! Nice rides. I debated between the Connie (C14) and St1300 last year. C14 has a spectacular motor. I was leaning toward the C14, but bought the ST largely because my wife was more comfortable on it. I also had the original Connie before my Nomad, and Connies are great bikes. And the smoothness, cornering, acceleration, and comfort on a sport tourer are astounding: I just rode from Lansing, Michigan to Seattle, Washington in two days and enjoyed the whole trip (except Chicago). Great choice!

Hope you get to ride the wheels off of them!

Dan K
Member #100
2009 ST1300: Performance exceeding even Victory riders' boasts.

Old 07-12-2010, 01:57 PM   #26
Advanced Member

Dank, I too, look forward to "riding the wheels off of them". I am very happy with the Connie.

Nomadderdadder - Nice trike yourself. Yeah, to call the Spyder plush is an understatement. Best factory seat I have ever put my butt on. Great bike.

Old 07-12-2010, 03:54 PM   #27

Congrats! It's always fun swapping bikes!